Saturday, February 21, 2009

February 21 -- Quiet Day

We usually go out to the Coyles for the weekend but as Auntie Lisa is still a bit under the weather, we decided not to do that this weekend to be on the safe side. It was nice to have a quiet day at home just the three of us though. We didn't do much except for take care of some odd jobs around the house.

In other news, more reasons why Evan should be nominated for Baby of the Year: He went down at 8:45 last night, woke at 1 to eat, and then slept again until 6 AM!!! at one month old. Bless his little heart. Of course that meant there was not a whole lot of napping going on today, but that is OK. Since it was the weekend and a quiet day, Mom and Evan spent much of the morning just cuddling. It was sooo nice. As I'm getting more mobile and getting my mom sea legs underneath me, I'm finding that Evan is spending a lot more time in his car seat or hanging out in a swing than he used to, and while I am glad he will entertain himself for a while so that I can get things done, I do miss the near-constant cuddling from the early days. So it was nice to just hang out together under the quilt in the basement and catch up on my American Idol. Oh, and we read "Guess How Much I Love You" a few times, Evan tucked in the crook of my arm. It was so nice to be reading to my baby. Definitely something we'll have to do every day now that he is a bit more alert.

We also finally tackled The Beast -- the grocery store!! Although we totally cheated -- we took Dad with us and he loaded the cart ;) One day we'll figure out how to do the store together, but at this rate, probably not until he is sitting up.

It was a good thing Will was with us though, because Evan definitely expressed his displeasure with Harris Teeter. He didn't seem to care for Whole Foods either the other day, surprisingly. Maybe it's the lighting or something? But we spent much of the trip trying to placate an increasingly foul-tempered baby. I told him he had a rep to uphold but he didn't seem to care and cried and whined anyway, forcing me to bust out the off switch -- the green soothie:

Evan in line to pay:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Can you not see that I am READY TO GO??!

Photobucket

OK ... you asked for it!!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment