Wednesday, February 18, 2009

February 18 -- Augh

Well, Evan has had fussy days, but today was the first day where I wanted to tear my hair out. First he had gas issues until about 11 AM and was fussy and didn't get his morning nap. After he felt better, surprisingly he wanted to play. I was exhausted since I didn't sleep well last night and also did all of the feedings instead of Will taking some, so I was just burnt. So, I dragged out his activity mat and much to my surprise, he actually showed interest in the toys!! Although he is not trying to grab yet, he made some gestures towards the toys with his hands, so he gets the idea. He also tried to track some of the toys with his eyes! Watching him approach a developmental milestone like that really made it all worth it.

However it all went sideways after that. He was clearly tired and needed a nap, but WOULD. NOT. SLEEP. This was the first time I have encountered this with him and it couldn't have come on a worse day. Cried when I put him in the swing. Cried in the bouncy seat. Cried in the bassinet. Cried swaddled. Cried unswaddled. The only place where he would sleep was on my chest. Great. I got him to sleep and tried to put him in the bassinet, only to have him wake and start howling. I did manage to get him down for a couple of hours from 1 to 3 but it wasn't a restful nap ... he kept waking and then whining himself back to sleep. I was trying to sleep next to him so it didn't do me any good either.

Around 5 PM I finally remembered that the car is Baby Valium. So off to Target we went. Thankfully, he slept as soon as we hit the car and slept all the way through our Target trip. Even more thankfully, Will came home at 6:30 tonight and so I finally got an extra pair of hands. Of course, he decided to be angel baby for Dad. Ate great, and as soon as he got tired, Will swaddled him and he dropped right off. Maybe Will should stay home and I should go out to work ;)

So on top of showing interest in toys, we found out today that NANA IS COMING TO VISIT NEXT WEEK!!!! We are all really excited and cant wait to see her. Also Beth Corinne is coming the first weekend in April and we are sooo excited to see her and to finally meet Alice, her youngest. Beth is one of our best friends, so supportive of everything we do, and so thoughtful ... for those of you who saw it, Beth was responsible for that incredible scrapbook that so many of you contributed to. We are all really looking forward to her visit!!

Just one picture today but it's a good one ... here is Evan discovering toys!!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment