Thursday, March 12, 2009

March 12 -- Diagnosis

Evan and I went to the doctor, and he now officially has reflux. Evan made the diagnosis easier by vomiting all over Mommy's shirt during the evaluation.

Evan did have a great night last night, and was a sunny little guy for most of the day, so thanks for crossing your fingers. However, he's been vomiting and wailing in pain for the past few hours :( However, he starts infant Prevacid in the morning and it should start working within the next few days. Will and I are really looking forward to putting an end to his painful episodes.

Here's Evan at the doctor's office (boy did these earn me a funny look when the doctor saw me taking them):

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We had to go to Grubb's pharmacy on Capitol Hill to get his medicine ordered, which happens to be just a couple of blocks from where I lived in the summer of 1996 with Alison & Leah & Claude ... 12 and 1/2 years ago!! I couldn't resist taking Evan for a stroll down Memory Lane:

Evan in front of Congress Market, which we loved for its liberal policy on carding for alcohol:

Photobucket

Evan in front of Jimmy T's, the greasiest greasy spoon ever. Home of the world famous Scrapple Burger (yeah, you read that right. ew.)

Photobucket

The view up the street -- I couldn't resist this one. All these years living here and I still get all goofy at the DC tourist sights:

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Aww, I'm sorry about the reflux. Homie had it too. Nothing helped- not the zantac, not the Enfamil A.R.... just time.

    I hope it's short-lived and the laundry problems end soon!

    ReplyDelete