Tuesday, May 5, 2009

May 4 -- Playtime with Mommy!

Evan and I had a lot of fun playing on the floor today after he came home from daycare. After racking my brain trying to figure out what new toys would stimulate him (he is SO bored with that play gym) I realized that his play needs are really not that complicated. Lay him on a blanket and dangle some rings and he's pretty well set. So we practiced reaching for rings (he got a few! yay!), read a few stories and generally had some face time. Then bath, bottle, book and bed. He's feeling a lot better and is sleeping great so far! I've even snuck in there a couple of times to kiss him and whisper "i love you's" (yes, i'm pathetic ... but I miss him so much now that he's in daycare!) and he hasn't even flinched.

Oh, I almost forgot ... Evan made some obvious moves towards rolling from his back to his side today! He's figured out that it's a lot easier if you pull up your knees and throw your weight. He hasn't quite made it yet, but he's getting there. He was so delighted by this that when I put him in his crib to fix his bath, he was way more interested in practicing rolling than looking at his mobile which he LOVES. It was so funny to see him all balled up trying to roll around his crib.

Here are my camera phone shots ... I left the good camera downstairs and couldn't leave Evan unattended. And he has decided that he will no longer smile when the camera is in his face, the little stinker!!

Playtime!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment