Thursday, April 2, 2009

April 2 -- Lots to Do

Evan and I did a whole lot of running around today. Lots of errands and playing. A huge piece of news is that Evan is no longer sleeping swaddled in a swaddle blanket!! He broke out of his blanket 3 times last night, leading me to try him in a sleep sack today (like a sleeping bag that attaches around his shoulders and leaves his arms free). He slept for an hour in his crib in his sleep sack!! Even one week ago, I couldn't put him down in his crib unswaddled for more than a minute without him waking up (even out of a dead sleep) and screaming. He's currently asleep FOR THE NIGHT without his swaddle. As you can see, this is a big deal for me. I really hated that swaddle and was dreading trying to "wean" him from it before he got really addicted to it. Looks like he's one step ahead of me ... as usual. :)

I didn't get a chance to take too many good pictures today as we were really on the move a lot, but here is what I got:

About to have a meltdown:

Photobucket

I'm so glad Dad is home!

Photobucket

My first Sox hat!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. You are so cute. I'm excited for you about the swaddling- it was a trial when Homer stopped swaddling. Have Helen in a SwaddleMe right now- she'll only sleep unswaddled on her tummy, and I won't do that overnight yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can NOT wait to see him next weekend! PS - can we NOT dress him in the Boston Red Sox shirt though when I am there? :):) Love, MAry Jane

    ReplyDelete