Tuesday, April 14, 2009

April 14 -- A Beautiful Day, Despite the Rain

Today Evan and I had a great day together. We had lunch with Auntie Lisa and Grandma:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

ran a few errands, and later on, had a lullaby from Grandpa via Skype which completely entranced Evan:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Oh yes ... and we went to Evan's daycare so that I could make his bed and get all of his supplies together, as he becomes a daycare kid starting tomorrow.

Tomorrow.

I am having a very hard time with this.

So I tried to enjoy our day together as much as possible, despite the absolutely horrid weather. And Evan cooperated by being a joy to be around. My sweet, sweet boy. The thought of leaving him tomorrow in the care of others is making me a little nuts. I will only be a 5 minute drive away but still ... gah.

On a bright note, Evan was perfectly content to hang out in his new classroom and look around while I got everything together for him. His teachers seem to be very caring, fun people who love babies and are looking forward to getting to know Evan. And the other parents that I have talked to are all happy, which makes me VERY happy.

And ... tomorrow I go "off duty" for the first time since Evan's birth. After the first hour or two when I can almost guarantee I will be a howling mess, what on earth am I going to do with myself? Stay tuned for the answer to that burning question ...

No comments:

Post a Comment